Is good data science always political? Our regularly scheduled guest had to cancel at the last minute, so Joel and Andrew decided to talk about politics.
Topics covered include:
- the one data scientist who’s not on twitter
- how much Joel hates the xkcd cartoon
- free speech in Canada (which Joel gets very wrong, please don't @ me)
- how one (or one's bot) gets banned from twitter
- Joel getting a phone call from his kid's school
- #YarvinGate and #YarvinGate2
- how good it feels to hold a pitchfork
- loving one's neighbor vs tolerating one's neighbor
- why everyone hates Kant
- the pros and cons of street violence
- whether companies should take political stands
- whether Shopify should power the Breitbart store
- what the hell do they even sell in the Breitbart store anyway?
- the difference between refusing to do business with customers because you don't approve them and refusing to business with customers because twitter doesn't approve of them